Best Christmas Music for Spinning or Indoor Cycling

I’m checking the stats for this blog and my friend Shannon’s blog and I’m seeing that a LOT of people who are doing Google searches for “best Christmas music for spinning” or “best Christmas music for indoor cycling” are finding our sites. My fear is that the majority of the folks doing these searches are spin instructors trying to find something seasonal for a class. So, since you asked …

THE BEST CHRISTMAS MUSIC FOR SPINNING IS A COMPLETE ABSENCE OF CHRISTMAS MUSIC

For one solid month, we are assaulted with Christmas music in stores, restaurants, bars, coffee joints, on the radio, in elevators and in people’s homes. Do people REALLY need yet one more source? I can say with great certainty that they do not.

There are lots of reasons to dislike Christmas music. Consider the people in your class who work retail and have to listen to this shit for 8+ hours a day ON TOP OF all the nonsense they have to endure from idiot customers this time of year. Consider those who don’t celebrate Christmas. Consider those who simply dislike Christmas and everything it has come to represent. You have an opportunity to provide all these poor souls with the brief respite they may desperately need. For the love of humanity, give them that hour of peace!

Beyond that, let’s face the facts — most Christmas music just plain sucks. This goes double for the up-tempo tunes that would be the most likely candidates for spinning. Think about it. If there were a lot of really good ones, you probably wouldn’t need to be searching online for ideas. So please, do us all a favor and “Just Say No” to Christmas music in spinning class.

From all of us here at PDX Cycling Online – Happy Holidays!

It's Nice To Share:
  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google Bookmarks
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter

6 Responses to “Best Christmas Music for Spinning or Indoor Cycling”

1. Andrea says:

I use Feliz Navidad (Remix) trance discoteca.. and was great… how we said: en gustos no hay nada escrito.. Some peple loveit some hate it..

2. Mairlyn says:

I agree. I love to do Halloween Spooky Spin and to find other music for quirky holidays but when it comes to Christmas, I don’t. There’s not much good music and if you always keep population in mind, not everyone in your class celebrates Christmas. Do you really want to spend an hour blasting Christmas music at Buddhists, Jews, and atheists? Weird, my iTunes is playing a song with the lyrics, “Christmas came early for me” right now. FWIW, I found you by a google alert that searches for Spinning topics!

3. admin says:

Thanks Marilyn. You make some good points. BTW, thanks for sharing about how you found the post. I actually put a lot of work into search engine optimization.

4. larry blair says:

Damn now we have to be PC in spin class?? Get real…Its called CHRISTMAS! I post it on the Calendar so they know its coming. If the are “offended” then they don’t have to come!

5. admin says:

If you think this has anything to do with political correctness or people being offended, you miss the point entirely. If you want to subject people to lame seasonal music, knock yourself out. Why not give your people a double dose of suck and seek out music that is simultaneously country and Christmas (I didn’t even know such a thing existed until last year when I endured a whole class of that crap). While you’re at it, you should totally find yourself a festive light up Christmas sweater to wear aprez class. That will really put people in the holiday (oops, I mean Christmas) spirit. At least you’re kind enough to give people fair warning.

6. Chuck says:

I have had people asking what day I am going to do the Christmas Spin List for over a month now. You just have to pick the right stuff and you can fill every bike in the gym.